Thursday, December 2, 2010

Changes

I do not know about you but I wake up every morning and I have to get a cup of coffee before the thoughts of speaking to anyone enters into the equation. It has been this way for over twenty years and I do not plan on changing that tomorrow. Can you imagine what it would be like if I had tea, cocoa or water? I shiver at the thought of that.

I think we all are programmed to do the same. Think about it. When you wake up in the morning, you kiss your partner, get in the same car and go to the same job.

Now what if it all was different for us?

The one reason that that sends a shiver down our spine is an old phrase, “The devil you know, not the devil you don’t”. A lot of us stay in places because we know what to expect when we arrive there. It does not matter if we want to be there or not.

A lot of us stay in relationships we do not want because we know what to expect. Same with our jobs and the things that make us unhappy or unfulfilled. It is easier than not know what to expect at all. This goes with anything that we do truly.

Now with this in mind, I have a friend who is trying to change her exceptional life. I have to say not only is she trying to change her mindset but she is documenting it on a blog also. EVERYDAY!!! Her name is Tilly Rivers and lend her support in doing something that most of us are too scared to do.

The blog address is this……. http://pulse.yahoo.com/_HUR33NJ3ZHEDUWGTCXOCJU2BYA

I read it in the morning while having my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. ~smile~ Sometimes it's good to shake things up a bit! But, you are right. Most people do not like change, when change is exactly what they need. I have said it a thousand times and again; it is only outside of our comfort zones that we grow! Wonderful writing Andy! =)

    ReplyDelete